As our population continues to age, more and more women find themselves being troubled by thinning hair. Women tend to experience hair loss less dramatically than men, as female hair loss is more diffuse (hair over a large region of their scalp rather than loss of hair in a specific area), but the effects are still devastating. Female Alopecia, or female hair thinning, affects more than 60% of women over the age of 40 years old in the United States and Canada. Unlike male pattern baldness, female hair loss tends to be easier to treat and there are new, certified organic ingredient technologies, that have proven to be highly effective in treating this beauty epidemic. We predict that professional hairdressers will need to effectively treat female pattern baldness to remain successful in 2013 and beyond.
O’Right Organic Hair Tonic for Women represents the culmination of all the latest organic ingredient technologies to address hair thinning in women, in one amazingly effective and extraordinarily safe product. It’s known by everyone who uses it as “simply amazing”. The certified organic ingredients combined in this tonic have been proven to address female hair loss from a number of different approaches, producing a highly effective solution that is only available from licensed salon professionals.
Understanding Hair Growth
Human hair grows in three stages: the anagen phase, catagen phase, and the telogen phase. Some highly successful approaches to treating thinning hair is to naturally manipulate the amount of time hair cycles through each phase by providing specific nutrients, enzymes, and amino acids to hair follicles during specific phases to either protect the hair papilla (the hair’s root) or enhance the hair papilla’s mitotic (cell division) process.
On average, about 85% of all hair on a woman’s head is in this “active growth” phase at one time. Hair that grows during this 4 – 6 month phase is thick, healthy, and will grow at an average rate of 0.5 inches per month.
On average, about 5% of all hair on a woman’s head is in this “regression” phase where hair growth and cell division halt, the hair follicle shrinks, and the hair begins to separate from the follicle. This phase can last 3 – 5 weeks.
On average, about 10% of all hair on a woman’s head is in this “resting” phase as the follicle recovers, and the old hair fiber grows out. Once the hair fiber has grown out, the follicle recovers and begins a new Anagen Phase as it begins to grow new hair. This phase can take 3 – 5 months. It is during this phase that follicles have the most risk of going dormant as various factors (discussed below) inhibit the recovery from the Catagen (regression) phase .
Why Women Experience Hair Loss or Thinning
Some of the most common causes of female pattern baldness is caused by hormones (9%), medications (26%), and poor scalp conditions (65%). Understanding the cause of female baldness doesn’t always help us in treating it; however, the more insight hairdressers have into the cause, the better they can guide their clients on minimizing their risk for continued hair loss in the future.
An imbalance in hormone levels, sometimes caused by contraception or aging, can facilitate heightened levels of testosterone which produces a hormone known as DHT. DHT is responsible for miniaturization (shrinking) and gradual disappearance of affected hair follicles. There are several organic approaches that will protect the hair follicle against fluctuations in hormone balances. Ultimately, clients should seek the counsel of their health care provider to ensure that they are maintaining healthy hormone levels which do not put the client at risk of exposing their hair follicles to DHT.
There are a shockingly large number of medications that cause a condition known as “telogen effluvium,” where hair is prematurely shifted into a resting stage where hair shedding will occur. Common categories of medications that will cause female pattern baldness includes diet pills, contraceptives, thyroid medications, mood altering drugs (Prozac, Xanax), anti-inflammatories, cholesterol control, blood thinners, seizure medications, and “street drugs” such as cocaine and marijuana .
Some other medical treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy, causes a premature shift to the anagen phase, but during this special case phase, there is no cell division to produce hair cells. In this phase, no available hair loss treatments will be effective because traditional approaches address the hair growth phases and not cell division itself. Because chemotherapy and radiotherapy are a type of therapy that ceases cell division in the human body, or “mitotic inhibitors”, attempting to treat hair loss during these types of treatments is counterproductive and will not be successful.
The condition of the scalp is also essential to healthy hair growth. In 65% of all women experiencing thinning hair, simply clarifying the scalp ceased and even reversed the thinning. This is by far the most overlooked problem of female hair thinning today. To be clear, follicles are easily invaded by bacteria, fungi or viruses (usually associated with styling products or heavy conditioners) and when they become infected causing inflammation. When inflammation occurs, it will cause the hair to fall out. When infection or inflammation persists, the hair follicle can be damaged and become permanently dormant.
Understanding O’Right Hair Tonic Organic Active Ingredients
O’Right Hair Tonic for Her is fortified by organic goji berry. Goji berry is an amazing hair loss supplement because of it’s ability to regulate hormonal effects, clarify the follicle of impurities, and its powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects. While most people are aware of the benefits of goji berry in fighting thinning hair in women, many aren’t aware of the other powerful ingredients in O’Right’s hair tonic and how they fight female hair loss.
1. Organic Ginseng Root Extract: Ginseng root extract induces an earlier telogen to anagen conversion. With the hair follicle being dormant for a much shorter period of time, the risk of the hair follicle not recovering from the Catagen (regression) phase is greatly minimized. Further, the application of Ginseng Root Extract on the scalp is shown to cause an increased depth and size of the hair follicle as well as a heightened level of growth factor gene of VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) in the hair follicle . For these reasons, and others, ginseng root extract is known for eliminating thinning in hair and produce thicker, healthier, more dense hair.
Ginseng Root Extract also provides hair with energy and nourishment. It increases blood flow and stimulates microcirculation. It nourishes hair and scalp and acts effectively against dandruff. It provides hair with elasticity and silkiness .
2. Organic Trimethylglycine: Trimethylglycine is a natural probiotic enzyme, derived from organic sugar beets, that has been proven to be an incredibly powerful anti-inflammatory for hair follicles. This ingredient will quickly and effectively relieve infected, polluted, or otherwise inflamed hair follicles preventing inflammatory damage , restoring hair growth, and avoiding permanently damaged hair follicles. Trimethylglycine also strengthens the hydrogen bonding of the new hair that is grown from the follicle. This stronger hydrogen bond will protect the hair’s protein structure making the new hair considerably less susceptible to damage caused by chemical treatments, heat treatments, or agressive styling .
3. Organic Woldberry Fruit Extrac (Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract): Wolfberry extract contains large amount of amino acids and phytoprotein, which significantly promotes protein metabolism to form hair protein in the hair follicle. The large quantity of antioxidants from wolfberry also provides an aggressive cleanser of to clarify the hair follicle and rid them of free radicals that can pose a threat to follicle health, especially during the telogen phase. Finally, wolfberry extracts also contains essential Omega3 fatty acids, taurine, and other nutrients that promote strong hair growth .
4. Ornithine: Ornithine is naturally occurring amino acide enzyme that is present in the hair follicle that regulates the transition of the hair follicle from the anagen phase to the telogen phase. When Ornithine is no longer present in the anagen (growth) phase, the hair follicle is signaled to begin to move to the catagen (regression) phase . So long as O’Right Hair Tonic, which contains Ornithine is used on a daily basis, hair follicles are persistently kept in the anagen face. Thereby, all hair loss is stopped.
5. Citrulline: Citrulline is a crystalline amino acid found in all hair follicles. Citrulline is critical in generating strong hair protein and the levels of Citrulline have been shown to be effected by human stress, heat treatments, and chemical treatments (especially relaxers and perms). Citrulline has proven to be highly effective at protecting the developing hair cells during the mitotic (cell division) process from the effects of adverse medications. When there is a lower level of Citrulline in the hair follicle, the resulting hair that grows tends to be much thinner, weaker, and contains much less pigment. O’Right Hair Tonic contains a healthy concentration of citrulline which ensure growth of healthy hair.
6. Arginine: Arginine is an amino acid, essential to human life as building blocks of protein. What makes arginine a uniquely effective supplement for hair growth is its power to increase the level of nitric oxide in the hair follicle as the hair papilla’s mitotic (cell division) process coverts arginine into nitric oxide. Nitric oxide increases blood flow to the hair follicle and relaxes blood vessels which plays a role in stimulating hair growth . Arginine is a extraordinarily powerful ingredient for creating a healthy scalp that facilitates hair growth, but also facilitates protein synthesizes in the hair root. Just as arginine is an important supplement for treating pre-term infants and recovering burn victims, it also aids in the building of human hair protein.
7. Apigenin: Apigenin is a plant extract that is an excellent antioxidant for clarifying the follicle, a powerful anti-inflammatory to address infected follicles, and is excellent at promoting new hair cell growth through protecting hair follicles from the dangerous effects of hormonal imbalances .
8. Organic Burdock (Arctium majus) root extract: arctium majus root extract improves blood circulation, decelerates hair loss, strengthens hair follicles and encourages healthy hair growth. It also regulates sebaceous glands activity and has a normalizing and soothing effect on the scalp . Since the burdock oil is rich in phytosterols and essential fatty acids, it is also improves hair strength, shine, and body by helping maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth. It combines an immediate relieving effect with nutritional support for normal functions of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles .
9. Biotin: Biotin, also known as vitamin H or coenzyme R, is the best vitamins to take during pregnancy and an important component of the human metabolic systems and biotin has proven to be effective at protecting the hair follicle against both physical and psychological stress . Biton deficiency is one of the most nutritional factors influencing hair thinning in women  and providing this supplement directly to the hair follicle can produce rapid results in hair recovery. Get your daily coupons from herbycoupon.com.[hozbreak]