In recent years, more men have become increasingly conscious about beauty and grooming. In fact, men receiving salon color services have increased by 50% since 2008. With this trend growing each year, Statista predicts that by 2024, the men’s grooming market is estimated to be worth $29.14 billion dollars due to the shift in male pampering culture.
In this article, we break down the facts surrounding this trend, and why it’s the perfect opportunity to get involved.
Men’s Grooming Facts & Figures
On average, men receive haircuts every 3.8 weeks, and 43% of them request for color services. These clients typically remain loyal for at least 7 years.
However, for so long, men have thought that hair salons are exclusively for women, and the only place they can go to get their hair done is a barbershop. Unfortunately, this perception is all because of lack of marketing. 81% of salons do not do any men-focused marketing, aside from the fact that men do not have a lot of options when it comes to hair color.
While it’s true that most men do not like spending hours sitting in a chair, they are equally concerned about their hair (greys and hair loss in particular) as women do. This is why we developed Q.color with Original & Mineral.
What is O&M Q.color?
O&M Q.color is a “quick” gel-based color formula that’s filled with amino acids and anti-aging properties. It features 4 intermixable shades that can provide fast, effective grey coverage in under 10 minutes and a developer specifically designed to be used with the Q.color for a natural deposit:
- O&M Q.color 4.0 Natural Brown
- O&M Q.color 5.0 Natural Light Brown
- O&M Q.color 6.0 Natural Dark Blonde
- O&M Q.color 7.0 Natural Blonde
- O&M Q.color 15vol Liquid Activator
Clean Color Technology
Like O&M COR.color, Q.color does NOT contain Ammonia, PPDs, Resorcinol, Soy and Gluten. Instead it’s formulated with these four key ingredients to help strengthen the hair fiber and follicles:
- Taurine is what powers this line. A naturally occurring amino acid, it does not only help deposit color, but it also helps stimulate hair growth.
- Certified Organic Macadamia Oil nourishes the hair and scalp with Omega 3 and 6, delivering incredible shine and protection.
- Szechuan Pepper Fruit Extract encourages micro-circulation of the scalp, preventing hair loss.
- Certified Organic Coconut Oil’s unique molecular structure assists in color penetration. It’s also added to soften and keep the hair frizz-free.
How to Use Q.color
Most men prefer soft, natural-looking tones, so we developed four cool-based shades that can provide a grey blend or a full coverage, depending on your client’s preference.
Here are some tips to maximize the benefits of this innovative color.
- Always go one shade lighter than the client’s natural level on the first application for a natural tone, then assess it from there.
- Processing for five minutes is normally enough to blend hair. Men with resistant hair and prefer full coverage need to process for 10 minutes.
- The activator is a liquid product, so always use a whisk to mix the color and activator to blend them completely.