Tis’ the season to be adored! Whether you’re getting ready for a romantic date or going to dinner with your besties this Valentine’s Day, we’ve prepared six breathtaking looks that will make hearts skip a beat.
Valentine’s Day Hairstyles
Hitched & Happy Half ‘Do
- Prep with a few pumps of O&M Know Knott Detangling Spray and O&M Atonic Thickening Spritz on clean hair for volume and heat protection. Then dry hair without a brush to create volume.
- When the hair is 80% dry, add O&M Rootalicious Root Lift Spray for even more volume. Next, use the O&M Classic Hair Brush to add volume at the roots and smooth out the ends.
- Using a large barrel curling iron, create a curl two inches from the roots. Work both sides, curling to the crown and angling the curls away from the face.
- Spray with O&M Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray and allow to cool.
- Use a rat tail comb and separate hair from the recession line, taking it to the crown. Back comb this section from the front then braid from the middle back. Secure with a band leaving the ends out. You can use a smaller curling iron to give curl to the ends.
- Place a few bobby pins into the braid and push forward before you pin to create extra volume.You can add a few clips to secure the ends as an accent.
- Use a large basin comb to soften the curls and set the style in place with O&M Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray. The hairspray will help create more volume in the crown.
Heartfelt Half Bun
- Towel dry hair then spray with O&M Know Knott Detangling Spray and O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Spray to nourish and protect pre-blow dry.
- When 80% dry, layer O&M Atonic Thickening Spritz and O&M Rootalicious Root Lift Spray through hair using an O&M Classic Hair Brush to create a curl throughout.
- Spritz dry hair with O&M Atonic Thickening Spritz before using a medium size barrel curling iron to create a strong and long-lasting curl on long hair.
- From in front of ears, pull hair back below the crown and secure into a ponytail. You will want a loose, effortless look, so make it firm, not tight.
- Braid the ponytail loosely and secure the end with another band.
- Wrap the braided hair around to create a bun while securing at intervals.
- Use a rat tail comb to release some of the braids in sections and create loops of hair. Then, secure firmly with pins.
- Run through ends of hair for soft curls.
- Place a few drops of O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum onto fingers and pull through ends of hair to add shine and separate the curls. The longer you leave the curls to cool, the longer they will last.
The Fairytale Ending Bun
- After using O&M Power Base Protein Treatment to treat the hair, use O&M Know Knott Detangling Spray and dry to about 80%.
- Spritz O&M Surf Bomb Sea Salt Spray all over then dry with the O&M Detangler Hair Brush. This will keep the volume while smoothing the ends. Keep adding more O&M Surf Bomb Sea Salt Spray to create more volume and build texture.
- Once completely dried, run a few drops of O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum through ends to seal and protect from heat. Spray each section with O&M Atonic Thickening Spritz. Using a medium size curling iron, curl one inch sections starting at the nape.
- Lightly backcomb hair from forehead to crown to give height, style and support to texture and volume.
- Separate hair into two sides and braid from ears back. Secure with a band. Once both sides are complete, twist together and create a bun.
- Pull strands out of woven bun to create a waterfall effect. Use fringe pins to secure the style in place. Fringe pins can be woven through hair to support creating more volume than bobby pins.
- Using the metal end of the rat tail comb, separate the braided sections to create volume and texture in the bun, giving a flower like appearance.
- Use the curling iron to reinforce the waterfall curls for a more dramatic effect.
- Mist hair with O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Spray to complete the look. A drop of O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum in the fingers will make the hair easier to braid.
The Imperfectly Perfect Ponytail
- To create this look, shampoo the hair with Oway Silver Steel Hair Bath. This will remove any unwanted warm tones in the hair and brighten the blonde.
- Then condition with Oway Moisturizing Hair Mask.
- Towel dry and spray the Oway Volumizing Root Spray at the root of the hair. Blow dry using a large round brush, over the roots to create a voluminous blowout.
- Apply a light dusting of Oway Plant & Mineral Refresh at the root to add texture.
- Back comb at the top at the parietal ridge into the crown area. Pull the hair back and secure ponytail with a rubber band.
- Take a one inch piece of hair from the bottom of the ponytail to wrap around it. Secure with small bobby pins.
- Back comb the ponytail. Once it’s secured and finished, style using Oway Sculpting Mist.
Romantic Half Twist
- For this sweet look, shampoo the hair using Oway Moisturizing Hair Bath and condition the hair using Oway Moisturizing Hair Mask. Towel dry the hair and add Oway Flux Potion to smooth, add volume and blow dry the hair.
- Use a wide barrel curling iron or flat iron to create loose curls. Make sure to spritz the hair with Oway Thermal Stress Protector prior to curling. This protects from heat damage, provides a medium hold, and leaves the curl with an extra-shiny finish.
- Allow the curls to cool, then lightly tousle and scrunch the hair using Oway Sea Salt Spray to achieve these romantic curls.
- Take a two-inch section of the fringe and start rolling the hair to the back and pin as you go. Repeat on the opposite side, then connect both sides with a rubber band.
- Cover the rubber band with a half inch section of hair taken from under the pony tail and pin.
- Complete this look with with Oway Glamshine Cloud for immediate shine and Oway Sculpting Mist for hold.
Flirty Side Braid
- To create this playful and flirty hairstyle, shampoo the hair with Oway Frequent Use Hair & Scalp Bath and condition with Oway Frequent Use Conditioner.
- Spritz the hair with Oway Phytoprotein Mist on towel dried hair. When hair is dry, spray Oway Volumizing Root Spray at the root and blow dry.
- Once the hair is completely dry, sprinkle some of the Oway Plant & Mineral Refresh at the root for grit and texture
- Use a large barrel curling iron or flat iron to create loose curls, working the hair mid shaft to ends only. Make sure you use Oway Thermal Stress Protector. This product will not only protect the hair from heat damage but will provide a medium hold and a shiny finish.
- Create your part and begin a French braid on the heavier side working towards the back. Once you have created your braid approximately halfway around the head, pin hair under the remainder of the loose hair. We suggest pinning the braid throughout where needed.
- To complete this style, use Oway Glamshine Cloud for immediate shine and to tame any “fly-aways”. Use OOway Sculpting Mist to hold your style.