Spring Trends: 5 Bob Hair Styles to Try Right Now
Bob hairstyles are everything this season but before your client decides to make the cut, take a look at this resentment-free spring guide to going short! We found five of the trendiest (and totally flattering) bobs that will help refresh any head of hair.
Check out these trendy bobs!
A French-inspired bob is so classy and elegant. With this look, you want to keep the weight of the shape. Here’s how:
- Start with a blunt bob and use a comb for tension while cutting.
- Using shears allow it to easily style under on its own.
- Once dry, precision shape.
- For a softer look, directional flow and easy grow out, razor the fringe.
- Apply O&M Style Guru Styling Cream on damp hair and blow out to smooth.
short and sweet
The “Lob” is the perfect in-between length for someone on the edge about making a short haircut. To keep it modern, you want to angle it just right.
This look is bold and confident. It’s all or nothing, so make sure the client is ready for the chop. Challenge: see if they can leave with even more pep in their step!
This smooth and sleek chin length bob looks gorgeous on an angular face. It’s a precise look but not hard to achieve. Pull it off like this:
- Start with a dry cut and apply Oway Smoothing Fluid.
- Section by section flat iron first and then cut one length with slight over direction to the back. This will create a nice swing forward.
- To finish the cut, deep point cutting will remove bulk at the bottom.
- Finish the look with Oway Nurturing Drops and Oway Sculpting Mist.
This asymmetrical bob is too cute for words! For the client who likes to do something different, this is the look to go for.
- Do more of a blunt cut through the perimeter of the hair leaving length in the front. Leave the right/left side of the hair longer to give more of an asymmetrical look.
- Softly layer hair to remove the weight from the back.
- After drying, remove excess weight with internal layering and point cutting.
- Style using O&M Atonic Hair Thickening Spritz and O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum for blow dry.
- Finish with O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hair Spray and curl large sections with a 1” barrel iron.
- Scrunch in O&M Surf Bomb Sea Salt Texture Spray.